Lunch At RTHS
August orders must be placed by midnight, Sunday, August 12th.
Remember, once your payment is processed you should receive two separate confirmation emails – one from hotlunchmailer with your order receipt and a separate receipt from PayPal. If you do not get your receipts, please process your order again.
As a reminder, we will not be able to accept late orders or make adjustments to orders after the deadline. Likewise, we do not have the ability to purchase lunches (or even partial lunches, such as separate chips or dessert) on the day of delivery. If you want to purchase a lunch, you have to make sure that the order is placed with Hot Lunch Online by the date shown above.
Want to help? Sign up to volunteer your time to assist with lunch distribution. Thank you!
If you have any questions please contact the PTSO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Technical questions/concerns contact email@example.com.
Research Triangle High School does not have a cafeteria so the PTSO offers a lunch program for all students three days a week – Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. This program will begin on August 20th and will run through the end of May. Students may not leave campus, so on off-days (all school days in the partial months of August and June as well as Tuesdays/Fridays throughout the year) and days students do not purchase through the lunch program, they must bring a bag lunch from home. Please note – the lunch program is completely run by volunteers – from coordinating orders, working with vendors, distributing lunches to your students and managing inventory. Please consider volunteering your time to assist with this or any of the other valuable program managed by the PTSO.
Please consider volunteering your time to assist with lunch distribution. Details regarding what volunteering entails for this program and dates needed are on the Sign Up Genius. Thank you for your time and effort – we cannot run this program without you!
NOTE: The following information refers to the system being replaced and will be updated with new information once it is available
Below are a few rules and pointers regarding our lunch program:
- The cost for all lunches is $6.00, except for large sized portions, which are $9.00. This includes an entree, chips, and dessert. Drinks are not included – as you may have seen, the school has installed water bottle filling stations – we encourage you to help us save the environment and send a refillable water bottle with your student, or another drink of choice.
- Ordering is simple! The PTSO utilizes an online ordering program – Hot Lunch Online. Feel free to go ahead and set up your account with Hot Lunch Online now – that way you will be all set for the first order! Once you set up an account and log in, there are step-by-step instructions for getting started on the website. Ordering for August lunches is ready to go. Once you have set up your account, feel free to go ahead and place your first month’s orders. Help getting started with RTHS’s online ordering system.
- This year we will be offering Dominoes & Tropical Smoothie Cafe on Mondays, Chick-Fil-A & Spicy Green Gourmet on Wednesdays, and West 94th Street Pub & Hibachi Express on Thursdays.
- Keep in mind that using this program is the ONLY means by which orders and payment will be accepted and that payment must be made before your order can be finalized. Hot Lunch Online will accept credit cards, debit cards, or PayPal. Paypal accounts are simple to set up and can be linked directly to your bank account, payment to and from which works very similarly to paper checks. Check out PayPal for more information regarding how to set up a PayPal account and link it to your bank if you are interested in this option.
- Lunches are ordered monthly. A reminder to place your monthly order will be sent in the school newsletter, the Raptor Report, mid-month. Make sure you are checking those messages. Information regarding monthly orders is also maintained on the PTSO website.
- Orders will be open for one to two weeks, and the deadline for orders communicated in the Raptor Report each month is a hard cut off date. You can make changes, additions, and cancellations after your order is placed until the cutoff deadline; cancellations will process as credits for future orders. We will not be able to accept late orders or make adjustments to orders after the deadline. Likewise, we will not have the ability for students to purchase lunches (or even partial lunches, such as separate chips or dessert) on the day of delivery. If they want to purchase a lunch, you have to make sure that the order is placed with Hot Lunch Online prior to the monthly deadline.
- Lunches are distributed promptly at the start of the school lunch period, behind the “Wall of Scientists” to the right of the front desk as you enter the school. Your student MUST pick up ordered lunches in person during lunch period. Our volunteers cannot track down your student if they do not show up during the allocated time, and they cannot give your student’s ordered lunch to any other student. If you have more than one student at the school, and one is absent, the absent student’s ordered lunch can be given to a sibling upon request.
- Due to the nature of our program, orders are provided to our vendors well in advance, and payment to the vendor is committed at that time. If your student is absent on a date they had ordered lunch, we have no ability to cancel that order, and you are still liable for payment of that lunch. We cannot provide refunds or credits.
- If school is canceled due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstance on a lunch program day, we will credit all accounts that had a lunch purchase for that date.
If you have technical questions or issues using the Hot Lunch Onlineprogram, contact 1-866-529-2064 (toll-free). If you have any questions about the food or menu options, or how the PTSO operates the lunch program, please contact the PTSO at firstname.lastname@example.org.