SB 49 / Parents’ Bill of Rights
Parents have rights of the following:
1. Make decisions for participation in reproductive health and safety education programs.
2. Seek exemptions from immunization requirements.
3. Review statewide standardized assessment results.
4. Request an evaluation of their child for identification as a child with a disability or as academically or
5. Inspect and purchase textbooks and other supplementary instructional materials.
6. Access information on promotion and retention, including high school graduation requirements.
7. Receive regular report cards that show academic performance, conduct, and attendance.
8. Access information on the State public education system.
9. Participate in parent-teacher organizations.
10. Opt-in to participation in protected student information surveys in accordance with State law and opt-
out of data collection in other surveys in accordance with federal law.
11. Review available records of materials their child borrowed from a school library.